Johor Medical Institution Raises the Bar for Healthcare Excellence.
ISKANDAR PUTERI, MALAYSIA – Media OutReach – 26 October 2023 – Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor (GHMJ) has been acknowledged with the Malaysian Healthcare Icon Leadership Award during the recent Malaysian Health and Wellness Summit 2023, held at Berjaya Times Square Hotel. This accolade reflects GHMJ’s consistent commitment to healthcare excellence and its established presence in the healthcare sector.
This year’s summit introduced three distinct categories: Healthcare & Wellness Excellence Awards, Healthcare Tourism Excellence Awards, and Malaysian Health Icon Leadership Awards. GHMJ was one of the ten entities selected for this recognition and stood as the sole recipient from Johor.
The award was accepted on behalf of GHMJ by CEO, Dr. Kamal Amzan, and presented by YB Datuk Seri Dr. Dzulkefly Ahmad, Chairman of the Parliament Special Select Committee on Health and Malaysia’s former Minister of Health.
Among its notable achievements, GHMJ was named Best Hospital for Medical Tourism at the ASEAN Food & Travel Award in 2022. Positioned strategically within the field of medical tourism, GHMJ effectively leverages its geographic advantage to offer comprehensive services to both local and international patients.
Staying ahead in medical technology, GHMJ employs advanced robotic instruments, including the Da Vinci Xi Surgical System and is among the pioneering hospitals to introduce the Digital PET/CT Scans in Johor.
GHMJ continues to prioritize patient welfare, emphasizing transparent communication, fostering trust, and the collective goal to create positive outcomes for its patients and the wider community.
As healthcare continues to change and grow, GHMJ holds steadfast to its fundamental beliefs, ensuring that it is always ready to meet the needs of the present and future.
Hashtag: #GleneaglesHospitalMediniJohor #MalaysianHealthWellnessSummit2023 #Healthcare #HealthcareIconLeadershipAward #Award #ServiceExcellence #OnYourSide #HealthcareIcon #Medical #RoboticSurgery #DigitalPETCT #DaVinciSurgicalSystem
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
About Gleneagles Hospital Medini Johor
A premier tertiary hospital located in Johor, Malaysia, Gleneagles Hosptal Medini Johor is a mere 20-minute drive from the Singapore-Tuas checkpoint, right at the heart of Medini’s Lifestyle precinct. GHJ is home to some of the most advanced medical technologies and procedures available such as:
- PET CT (FDG & Gallium) – the first outside Klang Valley with Gallium and the second one in Johor with FDG to complement the hospital’s Cancer Centre.
- CORI – A robotic surgical system designed to assist surgeons in performing minimally invasive orthopedic procedures, particularly for knee and hip surgeries.
- ESWL – Treatment of kidney stones and ureteral stones through a non-invasive, day-surgery, with higher precision using Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL).
- Linear Accelerator Elekta Synergy equipped with Catalyst HD – The latest Radiotherapy system with 3-Dimensional Radiation Therapy (3DRT), Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT) and Volumetric Arc Therapy (MAT) which provides more accurate delivery, shortens treatment time and lowers overall dose of radiation.
- Davinci Xi – The da Vinci® Surgical System is a robotic surgical system that uses a minimally invasive surgical approach. It features multiple arms that can perform manoeuvres and rotations beyond the natural ability of the human hand.
About Health And Wellness Summit 2023
The Health And Wellness Summit 2023 aims to discuss and explore the trends, challenges, opportunities and shortfalls in the health and wellness industry in the country post pandemic. The focus of this one-day Health and Wellness Conference in 2023 will be on 4 broad areas – health technology and innovation; health tourism and wellness; ageing and elderly care; and public health policies promotion.