New Delhi: In terms of batting form, Rohit Sharma could not have asked for a better start to the new year.
The stylish batsman scored an unbeaten 171 in Perth and followed it up with an equally impressive 124 in Brisbane.
Despite Rohit’s twin centuries, Team India trails the five-match series by 2-0.
However, Rohit’s imperious form is definitely the biggest plus for MS Dhoni’s side ahead of the all-important ICC World Cup 2015.
With back-to-back tons, Rohit registered several records. Here is a look at six of them.
1) Only Sachin Tendulkar (9) and Desmond Haynes (6) have scored more ODI tons against Australia than Rohit Sharma (5).
2) The Mumbaikar’s now holds the record for the highest ODI score against Australia at Gabba. Bill Athey’s 111 for England in 1987 was the previous best.
3) The right-hander is the first Indian player to score four ODI centuries in Australia.
4) Rohit and Vivian Richards are the only two batsmen to have scored three ODI tons Australia in Australia.
5) The 28-year-old is only the third batsman after Graeme Hick and VVS Laxman to hit back-to-back hundreds against Australia in Australia.
6) Rohit’s 125-run partnership with Virat Kohli is India’s highest at Brisbane.