New Delhi: Rohit Sharma made his team and fans extremely proud with his magnificent unbeaten 171-run knock against Australia in the first ODI at WACA ground in Perth.
As the cricket fraternity is busy hailing the right-hander for another brilliant ton, here are few reasons which made his century all the more special:
1) Rohit became the first Indian batsman to score a century at Perth in ODIs.
2) Rohit’s innings was also the highest score by visiting batsman in Australia, where he broke Vivian Richards’ previous record of 153 runs.
3) Rohit 171* is now also the highest unbeaten ODI score in Australia. The record was previously held by AB de Villiers who scored 162* vs West Indies at SCG in Feb 2015.
4) Rohit also became the quickest to score 1,000 ODI runs against the Aussies. The Mumbaikar achieved the feat in just 9 innings.
5) Rohit has now joined Sachin Tendulkar on top in the list of batsmen who have scored highest 170-plus scores (3) in ODIs.