No threat to Madhya Pradesh govt: Nakul Nath

0

New Delhi: Nakul Nath, a Lok Sabha MP, and son of Chief Minister Kamal Nath, on Friday assured that there was no threat to the ruling government in Madhya Pradesh and that the missing Congress legislators would return to party fold very soon.

Nakul Nath confirmed that one of his Congress MLAs has resigned, but added that the resignation was not accepted.

“One Congress MLA has resigned but his resignation has not been yet accepted by the Speaker. Our three MLAs are missing. We are sure that all our missing MLAs will return back to party fold very soon, ” Nakul Nath told IANS.

Asked if Congress is in contact with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLAs in Madhya Pradesh, the Lok Sabha MP from Chhindwara constituency said: “Their (BJP) MLAs are also in touch with us but the difference is that we (Congress) do not buy MLAs using money.”

“There is no threat to Madhya Pradesh government,” the MP said inside Parliament premises.

Hardeep Singh Dang, Congress MLA from Suwasara in Mandsaur district, had submitted his resignation letter to Madhya Pradesh Assembly Speaker N.P. Prajapat.

Dang is one of the four MLAs, “who are still missing”. They are said to be in Bangaluru where they are said to have been taken in by the BJP leaders.

In the reported letter addressed to the Speaker and the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Dang, a second-term MLA, said that he had been the only Congress MLA to win from the Ujjain division between 2013 and 2018.

In spite of this accomplishment, Dang said he was not able to get work done in a government-controlled by his own party. He said that he had made numerous trips to Bhopal along with workers to get work done, but the ministers had let him down every time.

March 6 (IANS)

Share.

About Author

Maintain by Designwell Infotech