Citizens are requested not to indulge violations of restrictions imposed by administration and police. Citizens are requested to help police and administration in enforcing lockdown. It is informed that any Violations will be dealt with firmly as per law including the apprehension of the offenders and appropriate action under the preventive sections of law.
Police Action Related to COVID-19 from 22-3-2020
|Sr. No.||Information||10-04-2020 (04:00 am)|
|1||Total No. of offences registered u/s 188 IPC||34,010|
|2||No. of persons found by police violating quarantine measures||468|
|3||Assault on Policemen||69|
|4||Total accused arrested in cases of assault on policemen||161|
|5||No. of calls attended on dial 100 pertaining to COVID-19||60,727|
|6||No. of Police officers/men infected||2|
|7||Offences registered on illegal transport||777|
|8||Total arrests made||2,510|
|9||Total vehicle seized||18,995|
|10||Total fines imposed||Rs. 12,199,044/-|
|11||No of offences registered under Foreigners Act|
Mumbai City -3 (Accused -32)
Ahmednagar -3 (Accused – 29)
Amravati City -2 (Accused-18)
Pune City – 1 (Accused- 8)
Nagpur City -1(Accused -8)
Thane City -1(Accused-21)
Chandrapur- 1(Accused -11)
Gadchiroli -1 (Accused -9)
Navi Mumbai – 1(Accused -10)
Action against fake news rumors and hates speech of Maharashtra Cyber
- From the Lockdown to till date, total 161 Cases registered regarding fake news, rumors and hat speech over social media in Maharashtra.
- Perpetrators are mainly spreading rumors about corona virus and its treatment. There are rising trend in hate speech cases, out of total registered cases, 73 cases about hate speech over social media
- In Total 39 accused are arrested and 33 are identified. Police is carrying out preventive action also as proactive measure.
- In last 48 hours total 30 FIR registered in Maharashtra about fake news, rumors and hate speech on social media and other online messaging channels regarding Corona Epidemics
- What’s App, Facebook and Tiktok are mostly misused by Perpetrators for these activities.
- Cyber Police is making coordinated awareness efforts to reach to common citizen to sensitize about fake news, rumors and hate speech through social media handles of each district. The platforms and intermediaries are also being notified to filter the fake news video and posts to reduce the spread.
- In this Fight against Fake news and hate speech participation and co-operation of citizens is pivotal. I will request citizens to follows these five things about hate speech:
- Don’t forward the fake news / rumors – Break the chain of rumors
- Spot the creators and super spreaders and inform nearest police station or report
iii. Verify and fact check before sharing or forwarding any news or information.
- Always follow and rely on official sources in such time
- Don’t act on fake news or rumors first verify from official sources
- Maharashtra Cyber and all district cyber police stations are taking stringent possible legal action against rumors, fake news and hate speech. Help police in enforcing law and maintaining public order.