In view of the large number of followers of Bharat Ratna Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar expected to visit Chaitya Bhoomi at Dadar in Mumbai to pay homage on 6th December, 2015 Central Railway has made elaborate arrangements to clear the extra rush of passengers as well as to avoid any untoward incidents. The details are as under-
- For the convenience of outstation passengers it has been decided to run 11 unreserved special trains between Mumbai/Dadar – Nagpur/Ajni/Sevagram and Mumbai -Solapur.
- Also it has been decided to run 12 suburban special trains on Dadar – Kalyan and Kurla -Panvel sections.
- Apart from vide publicity through newspapers, arrangements are also being made to announce in Marathi & Hindi regularly about running of special trains through public address system and display of train timetable on notice boards at conspicuous places at stations for the guidance of passengers.
- Additional booking counters will be opened to issue unreserved tickets at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Dadar, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Thane and Kalyan during the period from 6.12.2015 to 9.12.2015.
- Assistance Booths will be provided at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Dadar, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Thane and Kalyan to assist the passengers who come to pay homage, in addition to all enquiry counters which will remain functional round the clock. One assistance booth at Chaitya Bhoomi, Dadar will also be provided to disseminate the train information.
- Directional signage boards will be provided at Dadar showing the way to Chaitya Bhoomi for the guidance of the passengers.
- Arrangement will be made for provision of medical facility for 24 hrs at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Dadar, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Thane and Kalyan. One Ambulance will also be parked at the entrance of the station for emergencies.
- To avoid any kind of untoward incidence, foolproof security arrangements will be made at all stations including Dog Squad / CCTV and Metal Detectors. Adequate number of RPF/GRP personnel will be deployed on trains, at all train originating stations and at intermediate large stations for security.
- Arrangements for drinking water, proper lighting, and adequate catering facility will be made available at halts of special trains.
Passengers are requested to cooperate with railway administration by keeping the trains and stations clean and travelling with proper tickets to avoid any inconvenience during their travel.