Pune: About 40 girl students in a school here were taken ill after they had their dinner in the hostel
mess and were admitted to a hospital.
The girls, aged between 10 and 16, are students of ‘Sevasadan’. They complained of stomach ache and nausea after having their meal on Saturday night and were taken to hospital yesterday for treatment, school and hospital officials said today.
Out of those treated, 17 girls were discharged and remaining students were stable and out of danger, they added.
The school authorities said they had set up an inquiry to probe suspected food poisoning.
Police have collected samples of the food served to the students from the mess which contained beans and buttermilk curry, for analysis, inspector Hemant Bhat, who is probing the incident, said.