Special prayers held for ailing …

  Panaji: Special prayer…

Leading lensmen assemble in Jaip…

  Jaipur: Some of the mo…

Modi 'most expensive watchman' i…

  New Delhi: Senior Cong…

Anna Hazare to visit UP to mobil…

  Lucknow: Noted social …

Bank scams: Three fresh cases of…

  New Delhi: Three fresh…

Industry has to introspect on do…

  New Delhi: In light of…

GoAir flight returns to Leh afte…

  Srinagar: A GoAir Delh…

Alphons rubbishes Rahul allegati…

  Shillong: Union Touris…

I love Indian media, says Donald…

  New Delhi: Donald Trum…

UN chief signs Global Counter-Te…

  United Nations: United…

«
»
TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle+

Those missed in Assam’s population register will be included: Rajnath

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

 

New Delhi: Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday assured the Lok Sabha that no one will be left out from the citizens’ register that is readied in Assam, after Trinamool Congress MP Saugata Roy alleged the Bengali population in the state was not being registered.

Raising the issue during zero hour, Roy termed the National Register of Citizens in Assam a “conspiracy to drive out the Bengali population”.

Rajnath Singh, who was in the House at that time, however, dismissed the allegation.

“This is a baseless allegation that they are trying to throw someone out. If someone’s name has been missed, it will be included in the list,” he said.

He said so far 1.9 crore names have been included in the first draft of the register. According to reports over three crore applicants had applied for it.

The first draft was released on the midnight of December 31, which was the time frame for the publication of the NRC set by the Supreme Court.

IANS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA Image

*