Forever News reporter
• The Combo Card enables commuters to have one card that will act as both Debit cum ATM Card and Metro Smart Card.
• The facility will be available in the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) system of all the twelve stations across Mumbai Metro One.
State Bank of India, the country’s largest Bank, in association with Mumbai Metro One Private Ltd. (MMOPL) launched the State Bank Mumbai Metro Combo Card on 25.02.2015, which offers host of benefits to Mumbai metro riders/commuters. The card acts as a payment-cum-access card at Mumbai Metro stations and also as a standard shopping-cum-ATM Debit Card. Customers can get immediate access to the entry gate for travel on Mumbai Metro by just tapping the combo card at the AFC gates.
Speaking on the launch, Mr. Neeraj Vyas Chief General Manager (Corporate Strategy and New Business) State Bank of India said,
“State Bank is constantly in the endeavor of enhancing the customer experience, providing them added benefits and facilitating cash-less payments. State Bank Mumbai Metro Card is a combo card which offers the convenience of travelling on Mumbai Metro, shopping at merchant locations across India and making bill payments all bundled into a single card.”
About the State Bank Mumbai Metro Combo Card
• Mumbai Metro Smart Card + State Bank Global International Debit Card
• Comes with a Pre-Loaded value of Rs. 50/- for travel in the Mumbai Metro
• Freedom from queues at the Mumbai Metro ticket counters
• Discount from Mumbai Metro
• Enables shopping at over 10 lakh merchant locations across India
• Enables cash withdrawal from State Bank Group ATMs or other ATMs in India and worldwide
• Freedom Rewardz on Debit Card usage.
State Bank Mumbai Metro Combo Card can be availed with a nominal issuance charge of Rs. 100.00 out of which also Rs. 50/- would be given back pre-loaded in the Metro travel card.
The request for the card may be placed at any of the State Bank of India Branches in Mumbai. The customer can experience seamless travel in metro by using this Card directly at AFC gates.
The Combo Card will also have an in-built functionality of auto reload, wherein as soon as the AFC system reads that the balance in the card is equal to or less than Rs 50/-, it will reload the Card automatically with Rs. 200/-. The amount reloaded will be deducted from the bank account linked with the Debit Card at the back end.