All 13 participants bag prizes in the national level competition
Pune: Students of the western dance classes conducted in JBGVS’ Samaj Seva Kendra (SSK), which is abuzz with various classes, trainings, festivals and camps throughout the year, have achieved spectacular success in the competition organized by Akhil Bharatiya Sanskrutik Sangh in Pune. All the 13 children who participated in this national level competition on behalf of JBGVS SSK won prizes. In all, 2,500 youngsters had participated in this competition from across the country.
JBGVS SSK has been conducting western dance classes for the past eight years and every year the students win prizes in various competitions. But the success achieved this year is the biggest till now. The classes are conducted by choreographer Vinod Manjarekar (Sandy) through his Dancing Angles Dance Academy. Students presented their dancing skills under his guidance in the competition organized in Pune in the last week of May 2017.
Commenting on this achievement, Ms Swati Deshpande, Coordinator, JBGVS SSK, said, “For years, the western dance classes in SSK have been providing a good platform for students to develop their skills. This success is the result of the hard work of both, the students and the trainers. We are extremely happy about this.”
Details of winners
The details of the winners who participated from SSK are as follows.
· Sandy and group – 2nd prize
· Spruha Saptashwa and Yash Tad – 2nd prize (duet – junior group)
· Spruha Saptashwa, Yash Tad – 1st prize (individually)
· Snehal Dhumal – 2nd prize
· Pratik Savekar – 2nd prize
· Aman Singh – 3rd prize (junior group)
· Karan Kamble – 3rd prize (junior group)
· Pari Kapse, Pragati Velhal, Prabuddh Kapse, Ananya Dalvi, Manthan Shegaokar, Anjali Singh and Ridhima Chaudhari – Chairman’s prizes (consolation)