· On receipt of message about cyclone an emergency meeting was called and mock drill conducted yesterday.
· All emergency numbers have been updated
· Emergency cell has been opened at CSMT and Kalyan
· More than 250 RPF and Maharashtra State Security Force Personnel have been deployed on crowd management and other related activities at stations, yards, etc.,
· Ticket checking staff have also been put on crowd management duties.
· Special announcements for crowd management are being regularly done.
· Ghat patrolling has been intensified.
· Midline in ghat section has been closed for passenger train movement.
· An hourly update regarding weather, storm and rain is being obtained from Disaster Management Cell of the State Government for real time monitoring.
· Inspectorial staff / Field officials have been sent in field to monitor Railways’ assets such as Electrical General supply, Over Head Equipment (OHE), Engineering, Signal and Telecommunications, for monitoring round the clock.
· Break-down equipments such as Accident Relief Train (ART), Accident Relief Medical van, Road ART has been kept in readiness for any eventuality.
· Diesel Generator sets etc., have been kept in readiness for any incidences of blackout.
· Instructions on cyclone of General and Subsidiary Rules (G&SR) have been reiterated and counselling of staff connected to emergency services have been done.
Rail users are requested not to believe in rumours and help Railways in serving them better.