Central Railway’s Mumbai division has installed four 24 feet sweep High Volume Low speed Fans in Suburban Concourse fans of 30’’ provided for ventilation. The energy savings Rs. 3,03,452/- per annum in addition to improvement of ventilation.
The details are as under:-
· High Volume Low Speed fans drive a large amount of air in very large space and circulate air across an area upto 20 meters (15000 Square Feet) from the centre of fan in all directions for 24 feet fan.
· The average power consumption for one High Volume Low Speed fan is 810 watt.
· The running cost reduces upto 80%.
· Having Uniform Distribution of air.
· High Volume Low Speed fans are silent in operation with low noise level and sound pollution.
· Cost of maintenance and repair for High Volume Low speed fans are negligible.
Shri Narendra Patil, Chief Public Relations Officer, Central Railway said that one HVLS fan was provided on trial basis which was found to be much appreciated by commuters and was energy saving. Hence we have decided to replace 24 con- ventional fans with 4 HVLS fans which saves energy, low noise level and less sound pollution